CareSift is a free, local support service for seniors and their families who are looking into senior care. The service helps families navigate the multitude of options available to seniors and provides the information necessary to make informed decisions about senior care. Senior care is complex, and CareSift can help.
This video has a number of great topics and guidance. Here are some of the topics covered, but there are many more!!
- Tell us about CareSift
- What is a long-term care navigator?
- How do families know if their loved one needs care?
- Why is this so personal to you?
- What is the range of costs in Hawaii?
- Is there a way to have your loved one stay at home?
- How do you suggest families start asking for help with senior care?
- Is there supplemental insurance?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes for someone new to senior care?
- Many, many more!!!
“A long-term care navigator is someone that will advocate for you, be with you every step of the way to help you with long-term care resources. And if any problems arise they help you with problem solving because we don’t want any families left in the dark; we want you to make informed decisions when it comes to long term care.”
“So there are two major reasons why someone would need care and the first starts in the home. Everyone wants to stay at home as long as possible. And there are supplemental care options available to help keep people at home…”
“We would rather our families be proactive than reactive. I think just getting a few hours a week supplemental care in the home, supervision, engagement, it will help our loved ones stay healthier, stay more engaged, and will prevent hopefully crisis from occurring later in life.”
Additional information of Hawaii Get Your House in Order is available here.